Episode 9: "November/December 2008"
Executives behaving badly. Learn what you can do to address the destructive behavior of high-level organizational leaders. In this episode, our featured interview with Dr. Steve Axelrod, psychologist, executive coach and expert on how a leader’s psychological dynamics affect organizational performance. Also, a discussion of how problems understanding research and statistics can interfere with the effective use of consumer-directed health plans.
- *00:00 – Opening
- *01:37 – Current Issues – The misunderstanding of research and statistics
- *08:32 – Featured Interview – Steve Axelrod, PhD
- *24:48 – Closing
David W. Ballard, PsyD, MBA, Assistant Executive Director for Corporate Relations and Business Strategy, American Psychological Association (APA) and APA Practice Organization
Steve Axelrod, PhD, Axelrod Consulting
Current Issues Discussant
Matthew J. Grawitch, PhD, Chair, Organizational Studies Program, School for Professional Studies, Saint Louis University
Books and Articles by Steve Axelrod, PhD
- Work and the Evolving Self: Theoretical and Clinical Considerations
- White Paper: The Essential Core of Executive Coaching
Articles on Misunderstanding Research and Statistics
- Gigerenzer, G., Gaissmaier, W., Kurz-Milcke, E., Schwartz, L. M., & Woloshin, S. (2008). Helping Doctors and Patients Make Sense of Health Statistics. Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 8(2), 53-96.
- Hibbard, J. H., & Cunningham, P. J. (2008). How Engaged Are Consumers in Their Health and Health Care, and Why Does It Matter. Center for Studying Health System Change: Washington, DC.